The next book to be published in the Literature Disguised as Fun series will be Frankenstein: or, The Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley. Written over 200 years ago this book is as relevant today as it was when it was first published.
Dr. Victor Frankenstein creates a creature who is nothing like what many people envision because of movies and most portrayals of him in popular culture. Formidable both physically and intellectually, the creature (who has no name) ruins Frankenstein’s life…or is it Frankenstein who ruined his own life in his pursuit to create life? You’ll have to read it to find out.
This edition of Frankenstein will include:
- The full, unabridged text of the novel
- A brief Introduction
- Pre-flight: foundational information to better understand the story before reading it
- Wrap Up: some things to think about after reading the story.
- Discussion questions for use by students or teachers
- Cartoons, memes and faux posters that relate to the story
- “Prometheus Pizza”: The story of how Mr. Draeger brought Mary Shelley back from the dead. Spoiler alert: she wasn’t happy about it.