When you think about geography, art or literature (or even other subjects…we have connections!) is there anything that you think to yourself, “I’d really like to see something like that” or “I wish I could find a book like that.”
You may not know this, but Kristin’s geography series was born from need. She always wanted something like that for our son, couldn’t find it, so she published Draw the USA. We had no idea that book would become so popular and when it did she got the idea for the Draw the World series.
We’ve been thinking about several things:
- Map books for individual states. These would include drawing the state and content like our wonders books (mountains, lakes, rivers, cities, etc). Color or black and white? The advantage of black and white is it is much cheaper, but the color sure looks better. Any thoughts?
- If we did individual states…would you buy a state other than the one you live in?
- Downloads. Do you buy pdf downloads? We’ve done this in the past (these are free now) and never sold any. There are pdf downloads for our literature books. What about art forgeries, games, timelines, drawings, etc. in a download format? The advantage is cost. We can sell them inexpensively, but we have noticed there doesn’t seem to be much of a demand for downloads, at least our downloads. Is it because they are too hands on (i.e. you have print them and waste ink), content is not what you’re looking for or you just never buy PDF downloads?
- We’re also trying to think of inexpensive things to do. We know the economy and the last 4 years has hit a lot of people hard. We’re wondering about short black and white books about art, geography, literature, etc. If the book is short enough and in black and white…we can sell it for $4.99. Is that appealing? For color the same book would be $9.99. These are paperback versions.
- For literature, are there any titles you’d love to see us do for Literature Disguised as Fun series?
If you are interested we’d love to hear your thoughts about any this and any of your own ideas in the comments below or email us at email@example.com.
Thanks. We truly appreciate the support over the years and we’ll continue to work hard to put out quality content for your students.