Our new series, Literature Disguised as Fun, is progressing along. Here’s our first faux poster:
We will be launching seven books, geared toward grades 7-12, all at around the same time. Each book will contain the following:
- Brief Introduction
- Pre-Flight: Some things to think about before reading.
- Author Photo, Portrait
- The unabridged short story, essay or novel
- Socratic discussion questions
- Wrap-Up: Some things to think about after reading.
- Author Bio: This is a short, creative bio where Mr. Draeger (A.K.A. The Husband) uses his time machine (H.G.), spacecraft (Lem One) or other methods to meet the authors face-to-face (in most cases).
- Quotes by the author
- Additional reading
- Cartoons, memes, faux posters, etc., that pertain to the work
Short Stories, Essays, a Play and a Novel, Oh My!
The series will open with these seven books:
- “The Bet” by Anton Chekhov
- “A Modest Proposal” by Jonathan Swift
- “Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall Street” by Herman Melville
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
- “Civil Disobedience” by Henry David Thoreau
- The Red Badge of Courage by Stephan Crane
- “Self-Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
As with all our books we will be running a free book contest, but this one will be run a little different. We will be launching all these books around the same time (probably, hopefully, around the end of September, 2022). Once we announce that through our newsletter the first 10 respondents will win a book of their choice. To win you must:
- Be a newsletter subscriber
- Respond with your mailing address (people often forget to include this)
- Respond with the title of the book you want from the above list
You can signup for the newsletter by clicking the blue button at the bottom of the page.
Leave a Reply