ARTK12 is committed to making our website accessible to all users. With this in mind our website adheres to best coding standards and practices whenever possible. Our goal is to adhere to standards used by the Federal government for people with disabilities (Section 508) and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 endorsed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
We are constantly evaluating the site and looking for ways to improve accessibility whenever possible by researching current standards and working with an accessibility consultant when necessary.
If you are having trouble with any part of the site, please contact ARTK12 to let us know the difficulties you are having so that we may address the issue.
3298 N. Glassford Hill
Suite 104 #943
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
- Coded new plugin to show blog categories and archives as dropdowns with a submit button. I.e. WP’s out-of-the-box functionality automatically directs you to a new page on select. This is not good for ADA. User should be able to select and then use the submit button if they so choose.
- Added many missing alt tags throughout the site.
- Made home page feeds with links that contain the entire feed area.
- Started working on the games. Went through all of them for basic issues for ADA.
- Added screen reader text in cart table headings for product deletion and image thumbnails
- Contacted WooCommerce about several ADA issues in their plugin. Main one is issues with the aria-labelledby attribute. Which is not working for quantities on single product pages or the cart.
- Changed product feeds on home page and product archive pages to remove redundant links
- Got rid of scrollbox plugin (newsletter sign up was not fully accessible) and coded new newsletter signup box and button to be accessible.